Thursday, September 13, 2012

Whats goin' on in September?

 What a roller coaster this Summer has been. It has tested my strength beyond belief, but I know that whatever happens is meant to happen. Even though its not what we want, it's what we need and I can't argue with that. The decisions we make in life create nothing but a butterfly effect. So taking extra time to choose decisions wisely has always been a priority to me.

I've got a few more updates for you all. I love to write and I miss it. However, I tend to spend too long on one subject so I'll post them in separate paragraphs with convenient pictures matching the subject so you don't have to read through everything if you don't want to.

    

When we lost the house I felt like it was opportunity for me to jump on board and finish my Multiple Subject Credential. I love elementary kids so much that I just couldn't see myself working with older kids (I originally wanted to be an English teacher). I enrolled back into University of Redlands and planned on finishing out my credential at Garcia (where I went to school). After the recent events with my mom I had to make a decision to either finish school anyways or wait until her Chemo was done. I know what Chemo does to a person and  putting that extra burden on my mom to watch Chloe while I was away at school and work all day seemed very selfish to me. So I decided to enroll for February instead.

       


Speaking of my mom, she is recovering very well from the surgery and she seems to be a little bit more positive about this whole ordeal. She has been going to Dr. appointments at least twice a week. They are preparing her for the Chemo sessions. They want to make sure her heart and everything is in good condition before pressing forward. They are also doing tests just to make sure that the cancer has spread to any other part of her body. The Dr highly doubts that's possible, but its better to be safe then sorry. They are doing the Chemo as a precautionary measure as well. The Dr. said that there would be a 60% chance of it coming back if she didn't go ahead and have it done. It's an 18 week process and she should be done and "in remission" early January. I'll keep you updated on how shes doing, but so far she seems to be handling it pretty well. Lets just all pray that the Chemo is nice to her. 




On another note, Our little Chloe is growing like a weed. Her vocabulary grows by the day and her personality gets even more apparent.  She is very strong-willed. there is no doubt that she knows what she wants and she will do whatever it takes to get it. Lets hope she keeps that through out her life to accomplish all the goals she sets for herself! Her favorite thing to do is see Mickey and Minnie at Disneyland. Every time we go, she creates a plan for us. That plan always includes a visit to see her favorite characters and a ride on The Little Mermaid. It's such a great experience to take her there. 

On a side note, I put together some of her funny sayings that I thought you might enjoy:

"Guess what?"  "what" "Chicken Butt!" (and then she rolls on the floor laughing)

“ Don’t shhh me daddy!”       
 “Have patience mommy”
 “just wait 2 minutes”
 “ look mommy it’s a Happy Birthday to you! I like the pink one. I have it?”  (cupcakes)
“ Oh birdies where are you? Daddy, baby birdies can’t hear us...louder? Otay."
 “Watch hippo? Shake a hinnie Mommy! Daddy!” (madagascar) 

       


She is a very bright little girl. She can count to 15 and she knows all of her colors. She loves to paint and color. I'm so impressed by some of the stuff she can draw on her own! She loves to watch Mickey Mouse Club House, Care Bears and pretty much anything on Disney Jr.      


We are very proud of our little girl. It's such a blessing to have her in our lives. Even when she has her "terrible twos" moments I wouldn't trade it for the world
 

 I know EVERYONE is curious if we are going to have another one or not. The answer is...OF COURSE! I grew up as an only child and though it had MANY perks, the biggest thing I missed was having a brother or sister to confide in. I want her to be able to have at least one sibling so she can have that bond that I missed out on with my half sisters growing up. Unfortunately, our insurance is horrible right now. We just can't afford to have another munchkin. The bills would be outrageous and not only would we be in debt forever with school loans, we would add the Dr bills to that list too. So its being put on hold until we can either get better insurance or find a way to manage the insane Dr bills. It is absolutely in our plans for the future...That is if its even possible to have another one. I guess we will just have to see!

Well...That's it for now. Thanks for being interested in our lives :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment