Saturday, September 29, 2012

Septembers Winding Down...



As September is coming to an end and October is beginning our family is so excited about the upcoming holiday season. It always seems that no matter how difficult life is, the holidays always have a way of taking your mind off things. We are HUGE Halloween and Christmas fans so we like to embrace all that the season has to offer. I will probably be posting blog entrys like crazy from now until January. So BEWARE! Ok so here we go!




This month is a huge month for us. Not only is it Halloween, but it's Breast Cancer Awareness month! When I was younger I used to do the Relay for Life and I will never forget how moving it was to be a part of that. I'll never forget the one we went to with my cousin. They asked us to bring paper bags with family members names on it that had Cancer. We camped out and took turns walking the track. At night they lit those bags and lined them around the track so as we walked we saw exactly what it was that we were walking for. We were walking for our aunts, cousins, mothers and ourselves. It was an experience that changed my life and I couldn't describe to you how sentimental it was. My goal for next year is to be a part of that again and start being a part of something bigger then my own little world. 

My mom had her first Chemo session last Monday. I'm very pleased and surprised to say that she is doing well! The only problem she is having is stabilizing her blood pressure and blood sugar. The medicines they have her on to help gain back white blood cells and alleviate nausea is causing all that to go haywire. Thankfully she only has to be on the pills for a few days after each Chemo session. My mom would kill me if I posted a picture of her at her first Chemo session, so I won't. I have to admit though, that picture was so cute of her sitting there trying on all kind of hats they were handing out for free. It's really nice of people to donate and make hats for them. They aren't the easiest things to buy. The nurses say she will definitely loose her hair, but like I try to tell her it's only temporary. No other news on that, we are all just thankful that she is doing well.                  




We made it to the fair this year! We were having a hard time deciding if it would be worth it to go. Honestly, the fair is nothing short of a money gouger. By the time you pay for parking and tickets your out of money to spend on the yummy food, games & "cheap" merchandise. We would rather be putting that huge chunk of money towards something more long term and meaningful. When we do go, we try to get discount tickets. Luckily every Friday is "Canned food Friday". If you bring in canned food you get in free. We couldn't argue with that! We get to help the needy and enjoy the fair all in a days work! We went last year and ended up finding some really awesome deals on bed sheets and wall paintings. So we said why not? Chloe really enjoyed the farm! I think watching her was our highlight of the day too! 


 The goats loved her. In fact there was a few times where they tried to "attack" her!



Her favorite part was the baby pigs. They were sticking their noses out on the other side of the fence and Chloe had fun touching them.This morning when she saw my mom she said "Mimi the piggie stuck his nose out at me and it tickled! Silly piggie! That was fun!" 

When Chloe was done at the farm, we got to do a little shopping. She got bored and took a nap and to be honest there wasn't much to shop for this year. All the same people were there that was there last year. I scored on some jewelry and we got another set of sheets. We got out pretty cheap! So when it was all said and done, it was worth going. We couldn't believe how dead it was. We didn't need to take the tram because we got really close parking spots. That was a first!! The most important thing was that Chloe enjoyed herself. It's memories like these that you want to hold close to your heart. 

Well, that's the end of my story for now. I'll be back soon...There's always something to talk about!

No comments:

Post a Comment